Super low power nRF9160 module integrated LTE-M/NB-IoT modem and GPS at factory direct sale price
The nRF9160 is a compact, highly-integrated System-in-Package that makes the latest low power LTE technology and advanced processing and security accessible, and easy to use, for a wide range of single device low power cellular IoT (cIoT) designs.
Incorporating an Arm Cortex-M33 application processor solely for applications, a full LTE modem, RF Front End (RFFE) and power management system. The nRF9160 is the most compact, complete and energy-efficient cellular IoT solution on the market.
Why did we make it?
· ARM® Cortex ® -M33
· 243 EEMBC CoreMark score running from flash memory
· Data watchpoint and trace (DWT), embedded trace macrocell (ETM), and instrumentation trace macrocell (ITM)
· Serial wire debug (SWD)
· Trace port
· 1 MB flash
· 256 kB low leakage RAM
· AR ® Trustzone ®
· ARM ® Cryptocell 310
· 4x SPI master/slave with EasyDMA
· 4x I2C compatible two-wire master/slave with EasyDMA
· 4x UART (CTS/RTS) with EasyDMA
· I2S with EasyDMA
· Digital microphone interface (PDM) with EasyDMA
· 4x pulse width modulator (PWM) unit with EasyDMA
· 12-bit, 200 ksps ADC with EasyDMA - eigth configurable channels with programmable gain
· 2x 32-bit timer with counter mode
· 2x real-time counter (RTC)
· Programmable peripheral interconnect (PPI)
· 32 general purpose I/O pins
· Single supply voltage: 3.0 – 5.5 V
unique selling point
What makes it special?
· The GPS receiver supports GPS L1C/A reception. Operation is time multiplexed with LTE modem, and it is possible to obtain the GPS position while LTE is in DRX or PSM mode. GPS receiver is visible to user only through GPS API. Key features of the GPS receiver are:
· GPS L1C/A is supported
· Modes of operation:
· Single shot (cold start mode by default)
· Position fix per fixed interval, e.g. 2 minutes (starts with cold start, sequential fixes with hot start)
· Power saving modes
· Antenna interface options:
· Dedicated GPS antenna or shared antenna with LTE M1/NB1
· With or without external low-noise amplifier (LNA) - Performance:
· Acquisition sensitivity: -144 dBm for cold start, -147 dBm for hot start
· Acquisition time: 30 seconds for cold start, 5 seconds for hot start
· Tracking sensitivity: -149 dBm (open sky received power ≥ -130 dBm)
· Accuracy: 5 m
· The long term evolution (LTE) modem consists of baseband processing and RF parts, which together implement a complete 3GPP LTE release 13 (Rel-13) Cat-M1 and Cat-NB1 and LTE release 14 (Rel-14) Cat-NB1 and Cat-NB2 capable product.
· As illustrated in the image below, the following is a part of the LTE modem:
· RF transceiver
· Modem baseband (BB)
· Embedded flash/RAM
· Modem host processor and peripherals
· The modem baseband and host processor provide functions for the LTE L1, L2 and L3 (layer 1, 2 and 3 respectively) as well as IP communication layers. Modem peripherals provide hardware services for modem operating system and for modem secure execution environment.
Low power cellular IoT, enabling a world of everything connected
· Sensor networks
· Logistics and asset tracking
· Smart energy
· Smart building automation
· Smart agriculture
· Retail and monitor devices
· Medical devices
the latest low power nRF9160 module integrated LTE-M/NB-IoT modem and GPS, it is very suitable for logistic tracking and pet management specially
Minew is a professional turnkey manufacturer with the ability to bring your concepts and ideas into reliable solution. We work with many startups and top-class corporations at all stages of design and manufacture. Our factory equips with quick-response and flexible manufacturing system to support all different demands.
Minew possesses about 70 R&D Experts, they are a professional, full-experience and effective team. With this R&D team, Minew is able to update and launch new beacon/gateway/sensor/module continuously,and already finished many small and big OEM/ODM project perfectly.
• Hardware design
• Firmware / software design
• Mechanical design (ID)
• Mobile application design
• Cloud-platform design
Minewtech was established in 2007. We are an Apple Certified iBeacon/Google Eddystone Official/RFID(NFC)/Bluetooth Module/Key Finder/BLE&WiFi gateway manufacturer in Shenzhen, China.